
The mosque was built in the 15th
century near the grave of the righteous Ukkosh on the ancient Samarkand Darvaza
Street. According to other sources, the mosque contains a hair of the
Naqshbandi saint Ikkash or Akkosh (Ukkosh).
There was once a water source there,
a spring visited by numerous pilgrims.
During Soviet times, the mosque stood dilapidated. It was reconstructed after independence, but almost nothing remains of its former appearance. It is separated from the new road by nine-story buildings.
Photo by Tashkent Retrospective

In 2012, the Tashkent administration and Hyatt International signed an agreement for the construct...

The beautiful building of the Mukimi Uzbek State Musical Theater on Beshagach Square is familiar to...

The Baland Mosque was built in 1857. "Baland" means "high," and the mosque received its name from t...
The elongated nine-story building visually “holds” the intersection of ChilanZar Street with the S...