
The building is well known to every Tashkent resident: for nearly 80 years, it visually “anchors” Hadra Square and the intersection of Navoi and Furkat streets. It is one of the first “Stalin-era” buildings — constructed without excess ornamentation but still looking solemn and beautiful. The effect is achieved through expressive elements: a recessed niche with columns, vertically paired balconies, and stylized Eastern arches above the first-floor windows.
The architect of the building is A. A.
Mukhamedshin. Built in 1947 as a dormitory for the Mining Technical School.
Later, the owners changed several times; now it houses JSC “Uzkimyosanoat.”
Eyewitnesses recall that it was built by Japanese prisoners of war.
Throughout the years, the building,
visible from all sides, has been used for visual propaganda — and now for
advertising banners. When passing or driving by — take another look at this old
acquaintance.

The beautiful building at the very beginning of Mustaqillik Avenue (formerly Pushkin Street) was bu...

In 1865, a military fortress was built on the left bank of the Anhor, near the Qaytmas Gate. Surro...

The new building of the Main Post Office opened in 1984 on Shahrisabz Street, formerly Pervomayskay...

In 2007, the Hastimam or Hazrati Imam complex was opened in honor of the great theologian and schol...