
In 1901, the Treasury Chamber received its own building, specially constructed by architect V. S. Heinzelman.
The building is located
at the intersection of Istiqbol Street (formerly Kuibysheva and Kuylukskaya)
and Istiqlol Street (formerly Khorezm).
During the Soviet era, a
third floor with beautiful tent-like roofs was added, which were later
lost.
After the revolution,
various organizations were housed in the building, including the Central
Committee of the Communist Party (Bolsheviks) of Uzbekistan (after the capital
was moved to Tashkent), and later—the Presidium of the Academy of Sciences and
the Museum of the History of the Peoples of Uzbekistan.
Currently, the building
houses the "Sogʻlom Avlod Uchun" Foundation and preparatory courses
for university applicants.

The Shoemakers’ Palace of Culture of Tashkent Production Shoe Association No. 1 was built in 1936 a...

The National Research University “Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Agricultural Mechanization E...
The distinctive buildings of the Bogkucha housing estate were designed by architects G. Korobtsev, ...

Once, this place was called Asakin Square — a major transport hub and one of the city’s main landma...